Brief Course Description:
The Dermaplaning Technician Course will teach students how to effectively use surgical blades to scrape away the top layer of problem skin gently.
Upon completion of this course, the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Describe and discuss facial anatomy
- Identify components of history, assessment, skin analysis, and treatment indications on the model.
- Critically evaluate safety issues, contraindications, complications, and precautions of dermaplaning
- Distinguish between surgical blades sizes
- Discuss dermaplaning in skin rejuvenation to models
- Demonstrate the dermaplaning procedure on models
- Develop individualized care plans – treatment protocols
- Minimum Age: All applicants must have completed grade 12 or be a minimum of 19 years of age.
- A copy of photo ID (Driver’s License, Passport or BCID) is required to prove identity.
- Membership: All applicants must complete an application form and pay the application fee before processing.
- All International students must obtain a valid education work permit through Citizenship and Immigration Canada. A copy of the approved work permit must be submitted to the school.
- BC Medical Spa requests an interview with each applicant. Applicants who cannot attend a personal interview must set up a phone or video call interview.
- All domestic students must present proof of grade 10 English. International students must show English comprehension by meeting an IELTS, TOEFL or TOEIC overall score of at least 5.5 or higher.
- An interview with the SEA may be used to assess the applicant’s English to waive the above requirements.
“This program does not require approval by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training. As such, PTIB did not review this program”. www.privatetraininginstitutions.gov.bc.ca