Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) and Diode Laser is used for Skin Rejuvenation, Skin Tightening & Wrinkle Reduction, Hair Removal, Skin Pigmentation Removal, and Spider Vein. This intensive hands-on training program will cover how both IPL and diode laser work including the physics of lasers / and the interaction of lasers with tissue. Information on the most commonly used dermatologic lasers wavelength from 430 nm to 755 nm alexandrite and their parameters will be presented.
Diode laser is a very effective method for hair removal on darker skin types, rejuvenation of the skin by firming the epidermis which makes the top layer of your skin softer while doing the treatment. Diode laser has a wavelength from 755nm, 808nm, 1064nm. This hands-on training program will cover how diode lasers work including the physics of diode laser best laser for darker skin types. An overview of the anatomy and physiology of skin and hair, parameters for permanent hair reduction, photo facial will be an important part of the course. The lectures will include Lasers mediated skin tightening on any skin typing, and operational and treatment safety measures. Discussion of the management and treatment of adverse events, the benefits, expected results and outcomes, and available alternative treatments will be covered. Focus on patient consultation, selection and education, safety and efficacy issues and important criteria for a successful treatment are included in the program.
- Basic skin, hair and biology and anatomy
- Facial rejuvenation concepts
- Sanitation and disinfectant procedures
- Laser history
- Physics of Lasers
- Laser safety
- Laser operating procedures on clients
- Topics of skin tightening & hair removal
- Equipment testing and maintenance
- Laser parameters (wavelength, pulse duration, spot size, energy settings).
- Different types of cosmetic hair reduction lasers
- Types of medical lasers for skin problems
- Laser safety for clients and the operation
- Skin typing and fluency selection.
- Pre and post laser treatment
- Client consultation
- Patient observation