Brief Course Description:
In this course, students will learn that Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) and Diode laser are used for Skin Rejuvenation, Skin Tightening & Wrinkle Reduction, Hair Removal, Skin Pigmentation and Spider Vein removal. This intensive hands-on training program will cover how IPL & Diode lasers work.
Upon completion of this program, the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Evaluate and discuss basic skin, hair, biology, and anatomy
- Distinguish between facial rejuvenation concepts
- Analyze skin pigmentation reduction and perform
- Understand and perform sanitation and disinfectant procedures
- Evaluate and apply laser and IPL & Diode history
- Critically evaluate the physics of lasers
- Describe the laser operating safety procedures on clients
- Distinguish between skin tightening, pigmentation removal, and spider vein removal
- Describe and evaluate acne treatment by lPL & Diode
- Evaluate and apply equipment testing and maintenance
- Critically assess laser parameters (wavelength, pulse duration, spot size, energy settings)
- Distinguish between the types of cosmetic hair reduction lasers
- Distinguish between medical lasers for skin problems
- Perform skin typing and fluency selection
- Understand and perform post laser treatment for the client
- Evaluate and apply client consultation and patient observation
- Minimum Age: All applicants must have completed grade 12 or be a minimum of 19 years of age.
- A copy of photo ID (Driver’s License, Passport or BCID) is required to prove identity.
- Membership: All applicants must complete an application form and pay the application fee before processing.
- All International students must obtain a valid education work permit through Citizenship and Immigration Canada. A copy of the approved work permit must be submitted to the school.
- BC Medical Spa requests an interview with each applicant. Applicants who cannot attend a personal interview must set up a phone or video call interview.
- All domestic students must present proof of grade 10 English. International students must show English comprehension by meeting an IELTS, TOEFL or TOEIC overall score of at least 5.5 or higher.
- An interview with the SEA may be used to assess the applicant’s English to waive the above requirements.
“This program does not require approval by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training. As such, PTIB did not review this program”. www.privatetraininginstitutions.gov.bc.ca