Brief Course Description:
This hands-on training program will cover how Teeth Whitening lasers work, including the history of this laser. An important part of the course will be an overview of teeth pigmentation, the technology of laser, the biology of teeth, and the practical components.
Upon completion of this course, the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- How to determine teeth type and shades, how it works, and laser technology
- What dentists or non-dentists cannot do in certain jurisdictions
- Sanitation and disinfectant methods
- Basic teeth biology and anatomy
- Teeth rejuvenation concepts
- Teeth pigmentation reduction
- Perform procedure successfully on models
- Describe and understand laser history
- Understanding legality of teeth whitening business
- Describe pre and post laser treatment
- Perform patient observation on model
- Perform consultation and medical information to model
- Critically analyze equipment testing and maintenance
- Minimum Age: All applicants must have completed grade 12 or be a minimum of 19 years of age.
- A copy of photo ID (Driver’s License, Passport or BCID) is required to prove identity.
- Membership: All applicants must complete an application form and pay the application fee before processing.
- All International students must obtain a valid education work permit through Citizenship and Immigration Canada. A copy of the approved work permit must be submitted to the school.
- BC Medical Spa requests an interview with each applicant. Applicants who cannot attend a personal interview must set up a phone or video call interview.
- All domestic students must present proof of grade 10 English. International students must show English comprehension by meeting an IELTS, TOEFL or TOEIC overall score of at least 5.5 or higher.
- An interview with the SEA may be used to assess the applicant’s English to waive the above requirements.
“This program does not require approval by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training. As such, PTIB did not review this program”. www.privatetraininginstitutions.gov.bc.ca