Brief Course Description:
Our Microblading & Ombre Technician Course will teach students how to master both of these techniques using our manual tools to create the finest of strokes and small dots repetitively into the eyebrow that leaves a flawless result. With this technique, you can create any desired shape or size for your clients, and you will learn the techniques to insert pigment into the skin with the tool. You will also learn how to control the depth of the tool.
Upon completion of this course, the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Evaluate and describe the anatomy & physiology of the skin
- Evaluate hair follicles and pigments on clients
- Distinguish between semi & permanent makeup
- Understand the colour theory and pigments selection
- Perform brow mapping and drawing a perfect brow outline
- Distinguish between proper strokes vs. improper strokes
- Distinguish between different needles and blades
- Discussion of recommended touch-ups
- Understand and communicate after-care procedure
- Client consultation and waiver overview
- Discussion of recommended pricing and profit
- Perform the microblading and ombre procedure on models
- Minimum Age: All applicants must have completed grade 12 or be a minimum of 19 years of age.
- A copy of photo ID (Driver’s License, Passport or BCID) is required to prove identity.
- Membership: All applicants must complete an application form and pay the application fee before processing.
- All International students must obtain a valid education work permit through Citizenship and Immigration Canada. A copy of the approved work permit must be submitted to the school.
- BC Medical Spa requests an interview with each applicant. Applicants who cannot attend a personal interview must set up a phone or video call interview.
- All domestic students must present proof of grade 10 English. International students must show English comprehension by meeting an IELTS, TOEFL or TOEIC overall score of at least 5.5 or higher.
- An interview with the SEA may be used to assess the applicant’s English to waive the above requirements.
“This program does not require approval by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training. As such, PTIB did not review this program”. www.privatetraininginstitutions.gov.bc.ca