This advanced hands-on training program will examine laser and skin care in greater depth and comparison with other jurisdictions. Students will select six individual courses of their interest to create their program package from the following options: Aesthetic Dermatology, Controlled Exfoliation & Chemical Peeling, Microdermabrasion & Skin Care, Microneedling, Ombre Brows, Microblading, Eyelash Extensions, Radio Frequency, Cavitation, and Lipo-Laser, Laser IPL, Diode, ND-YAG, and Teeth Whitening.
Upon completion of this program, the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Distinguish between facial rejuvenation concepts
- Discuss and perform skin and laser procedures
- Distinguish between IPL, Diode, ND-YAG, and Teeth Whitening lasers
- Understand and perform sanitation and disinfectant procedures
- Evaluate and apply equipment testing and maintenance
- Distinguish between different facial and body treatments
- Evaluate and apply client consultation and patient observation
- Understand and perform after-care procedures
BC Medical Spa nor the student applicant may waive the admission requirements.
– Minimum Age: All applicants must have completed grade 12 or be a minimum of 19 years of age.
– A copy of photo ID (Driver’s License, Passport or BCID) is required to prove identity.
– All applicants must complete a class b program that BC Medical Spa offers before they can register for this advanced program or present proof of a credential issued from another institution focused on laser or skin care.
– All applicants must complete a student enrolment contract before processing their application.
– All International students must obtain a valid education study permit through Citizenship and Immigration Canada. International students must submit a copy of the approved permit to the school.
Advanced Laser & Skin Care Program C was reviewed and approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training. www.privatetraininginstitutions.gov.bc.ca