This advanced hands-on training program will thoroughly examine patient consultation, selection and education surrounding skin care procedures and techniques. Theoretical knowledge and efficacy issues will be essential for assessing successful treatment within the individual courses: Aesthetic Dermatology, Microdermabrasion, Laser Photo Facial (IPL), Microneedling, Controlled Exfoliation & Chemical Peeling, Radio Frequency, Cavitation, and Lipo-Laser.
Upon completion of this program, the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Evaluate and discuss common skin disorders
- Distinguish between facial rejuvenation concepts
- Analyze and perform skin pigmentation reduction
- Understand and perform sanitation and disinfectant procedures
- Evaluate and apply equipment testing and maintenance
- Distinguish between ozone therapy, steaming, high frequency, and radio frequency
- Distinguish between facial and body treatments
- Evaluate and apply client consultation and patient observation
- Understand and perform after-care procedures
BC Medical Spa nor the student applicant may waive the admission requirements.
– Minimum Age: All applicants must have completed grade 12 or be a minimum of 19 years of age.
– A copy of photo ID (Driver’s License, Passport or BCID) is required to prove identity.
– All applicants must complete a class b program that BC Medical Spa offers before they can register for this advanced program or present proof of a credential issued from another institution focused on laser or skin care.
– All applicants must complete a student enrolment contract before their application is processed.
– All International students must obtain a valid education study permit through Citizenship and Immigration Canada. International students must submit a copy of the approved permit to the school.
Advanced Skin Care Program B was reviewed and approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training. www.privatetraininginstitutions.gov.bc.ca