Brief Course Description:
The Dermaplaning Technician Course will teach students how to effectively use surgical blades to gently scrape away the top layer of problem skin.
Upon completion of this course the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Describe and discuss facial anatomy
- Identify components of history, assessment, skin analysis, and treatment indications on model
- Critically evaluate safety issues, contraindications, complication, and precautions of dermaplaning
- Distinguish between surgical blades sizes
- Discuss dermaplaning in skin rejuvenation to models
- Demonstrate the dermaplaning procedure on models
- Develop individualized care plans – treatment protocols
Upon completion, students will be able to perform dermaplaning safely and effectively by using surgical blades to remove dead skin on the top layer of epidermal cells.